• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ilusion94

Hello, last night i ran into a virus, spyware and adaware issue. I cleaned many of it up, but now i try to double click on microsoft money it does not do anything, also i get a wininet.dll error when i try to log onto the internet. I cant find a fix for that microsoft money problem, it does not even load. Any help would be great.

It's certainly possible that something important was deleted; it wouldn't be surprising if something targeted a financial program. Did you try reinstalling it?

What OS version are you running. You may have removed some of the infection but it sounds like you have alot left to worry about. If your on XP it might be a good idea to try a restore point back to when you were fairly sure you PC was clean. If that fixes you internet then the very first thing go to Windows Update. Microsoft also releases Service Packs & updates for Office products so visit Office Update as well while your at it. Some viruses can actually downgrade windows components such as MDAC, thats another reason to keep your OS updated & protected.

I'm guessing your on Windows 2000 or older or you're running XP and made the mistake of not applying Service Packs, Windows Firewall or updates regularly. In addition you need a version of AV software that is made by a company that updates definitions often. Mcafee releases updated definitions almost daily and thats important with constantly emerging threats.

Unfortunately it sounds like you have a pretty bad case on your hands, good luck with it :)

Back