• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIM settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

When a friend of mine signs on the AIM plays a little snip from her favorite song instead of the regular door opening sound. Does anyone know how to do this?

Just for an individual person or for everyone? For just a specific person you right click on them and go to "Alert me when [Name] is available".

Go to preferances, then Expressions, then IM SOUNDS, then Outgoing IM sounds, and browse....I think thats how you do it, i usually see only people who use AOL not AIM with that annoying feature.

isn't aol and aim the same? I don't want it everytime i send a message. I just want it for when I get online and I popup on someone elses screen that it plays the music snip i want.

ToiletDuck said:
isn't aol and aim the same? I don't want it everytime i send a message. I just want it for when I get online and I popup on someone elses screen that it plays the music snip i want.

no aol and aim are not the same... you pay for aol, you get aim for free... Aol has a ton of (stupid)features that people pay for. My mom uses it cause she is computer-retarded and she likes the interface. It can only be done with aol unless there is some modded aim that has it like gaim or deadaim or something. Idk.

Back