• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nero 6: Creating My Own DVD Speech Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Hi I'm trying to create my own DVD well I can normally do it with ease I'm trying to create a DVD from a TV Programme. The show is Top Gear Winter Olympics Special my mate got it in AVI format and it plays in WM10 perfect. But when I create a DVD-Movie using Nero 6 I create chapters make the background for my main menu etc.

I burn the disc in 8x times once done after an 1hr and play it through a DVD player or PowerDVD. The speech to the presenters is slightly faster than the mouth movements can anyone explain why this happens. Could it be cause I'm burning it faster should I try 2.4x speed to burn.

Have you touched the framerate settings? Changing framerate might create such problems.

No I haven't change the framerate's I didn't even know you can do that in Nero 6 I saved the project and looked at the preview. And the voices are spot on I've no idea why it does what it does when the disc is burned.

Once it comes to the burn option at the end it says this info for what's about to be burned.

Book Type setting: 'Automatic'

Sample format: Automatic
Audio format: Stereo
Encoding mode: Fast Encoding (1-Pass)

Number of titles: 1
1. Play (Video Title, 0h 59m 17s, 16 chapters)
Video mode: PAL
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Quality: Standard play (5073 kbps)
Resolution: 704 x 576 (D1)
Audio SmartEncoding ratio: 0.0 %
Video SmartEncoding ratio: 0.0 %

Number of menus: 1
- Main menu (1 page)

I figured it out I used DVD Shrink 3.2 on the DVD with the speech problem after I ripped it to my HDD. I then recreated the DVD movie using Nero 6 and burned it at 2x it took the same time to create which I found weird but thanks for answering my problem.

Even thou it didn't help thanks for trying.

Back