• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Javaw.exe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

In my processes window it shows that I have javaw.exe running three times. Is that necessary? Each one is taking about 30-38mb of memory. This laptop only has 512 at the moment so that's quite a chunk. Also I'd like to see what each process actually is. When it comes to a laptop I'm a little scared to just follow the XP tweaking guide and start cutting services. Is there a way that I can view what the different processes actually are and then block the ones I want from starting/running when I don't want them to?

well i was going on a website on fireforx which said I needed java and it automatically downloaded it.

i only see the program javaw running when i am using azureus. so i guess that something else you are running requires javaw to be run.

Does anyone remember the name of the program that lets you see all of the services and what they pertain to? I wanted to try it out. I don't know how many of the svhost are BS or worth keeping. I also am having ones like iTunes and iHelper that I don't want.

Also is it bad to have several processes open if you have plenty of ram? When I up this guy from 512mb to 2gb should I worry if there are 40 tasks going?Does it really make a difference?

Wow. The one i was thinking of you had to pay for. This one is free! good job m8!

Back