• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speed Up Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amarkarian

im sure there is a sticky, my dads laptop is extremly slow and its the newest ibm . how does he delete the extreproccess and all that good stuff? cant seem to find that sticky though

In my XP often when a windows PC gets really heavily clogged from endless demos or crap programs installed, spyware, and a bunch of other problems, it is sometimes more trouble than it is worth trying to repair things. Sometimes an re-install is best. If it is running windows from 98,Me,2000,XP or 2003, them get the appropriate version of windows lite. It lets you remove a lot of unsued components on the fly (kind of like nlite does) and can give a big speed boost. www.litepc.com

If you aren't experienced with registry editing get an automated registry cleaner (Registry Mechanic is good), and download some anti spyware tools.

Back