• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best automated data backup software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kraven

Hey guys and gals. What would be the best automatic data backup software out there? I want to have my computer automatically back up my stuff at a certain time each day. I've heard of a few different programs but I feel I'm missing something. It doesn't matter what media it's for, just looking for the best. Thanks all!

I've heard good things about Acronis True Image 9.0 and I am using 8.0 myself right now. It's very easy to setup and does everything I'd ever want it to do.

Kraven

I have used Ghost for many years, but I am having problems with Ghost9.0 which backs up automatically. It works fine on my Dual Xeon but I have had big problems with my X2-3800. I think the problems are with the DEP hardware protection that AMD64 come with.
I am going to try Acronis and hope it works well.
Keep us posted on what you use and how well it works!

Darthdana,

CommVault Galaxy will back up anything from *nix to MS.

Looks like it is very expensive or just mainly for Corporations. I could only find a price of $2000.00 for servers. Is there a home user edition and what do you think it would cost?

Back