• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Download Managers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheator

I've looked for a long time for good download managers for windows. I used to use FRee Download Manager, but it doesn't like 2 gig files on HTTP. It actually refuses them unless it is form FTP, so obviously it has it's limitations.

As for things like Download Accelerator and Getright, I don't like using them because they are limited when free.

Anyone have an ideas? maybe open source ones?

have you tried bitorrent clients? some of them like azureus i think have download manager options. someone here posted about this awhile back.

I got something like DownTHEMall but I haven't tried it yet.. and it is at home. Is that what you mean?

try Leechget, it has no ad's and it's pretty good. However it is shareware and only lets you have 1 active download at a time.

Aidenswarrior said:
if you have firefox/mozilla get a plugin called DownloadtheAll. It is awesome ><

the built in one is good unless you want to pause it and carry on l8er dont think it will do that :S

Doesn't anybody still use Get Right, I love it, and it supports downloading multiple segments of a file from bittorrent, FTP and HTTP all at the same time.

asusradeon said:
the built in one is good unless you want to pause it and carry on l8er dont think it will do that :S

He wasn't talking about the built in one. What he suggested is a nice pluggin that is actually very good for this sort of thing.

Back