• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Question on Flash MX 2004

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Solo3021

Registered
I have never used Flash MX 2004, so my knowledge of it is very limited. All help is appreciated.

I need to create a Flash file that when you mouseover certain images/objects another image pops up over the background with info on that image. When the mouse leaves that image/object, the image with info disappears. Does anyone know how to do this?

Also, if the image/object is clicked, I need it to be directed to a website. I have implemented this by: Selecting the object; converting it to a symbol; Add Behavior> Web> Go to Webpage; I entered a test webpage. Now, when I publish the file as an .html and try to open the file with Mozilla Firefox and then click on the object, a security warning comes up and I can't access the page through the .swf. If I use Internet Explorer, it works just fine. How can I make buttons that allow me go to webpages across all browsers?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Link -- This is where I am so far.

I need the desired function to be like when you mouseover/click one of the icons here. Thottbot

Last edited:
Back