• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nerovision 3 Transcoding Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icedragn

Have the latest version of nerovision 3 and it's the strangest thing... the transcoding process will randomly stop and just sit there, and fail...

First time this happened:
had been succesfully burning dvd's for a while, if i had to guess, over 15 dvd's using nerovision 3. Got angry, re-installed everything and had found a newer via sata driver, thought it might help.

Second time:
Burned 5 dvd's succesfully, now it's happening.. AGAIN, hmm.

Also i should note, by "burned", i'm reallying meaning transcoded, i transcode to in image to be burned later.

What i have done:
- Updated mobo bios
- Have all the latest drivers
- defragged
- ran SeaTools to check disk for errors
- Ran memtest86 for 8 passes
- Ran Prime95 for 14 hours, no errors or warnings
- Ran SuperPI 32m, completed succesfully
- Set pagefile to none, rebooted, and made a new page file
- Reformatted

Now, this install is Windows XP Home SP2 with ALL the latest updates from microsoft. I will also note that the video files aren't corrupted or anything, because when it "stops" it's never in the same spot, sometimes like 10%, 50%, 85% complete and it will stop, the worst was today, like 99% probably, 1 minute to finsh and iot QUITS ON ME.. grr. Eventually it will transcode, but this time it has failed 4 times, before it was just 1 fail then the 2nd attempt worked, it's just getting worse. Wtf is going on? NOTHING has changed from the "succesful burnings" to these "failed burnings". All i do on my comp is, internet, msn, css, maybe some web design, and listen to music/watch videos(of course also burning dvd's). I haven't installed anything new, or played with anything and no one else uses my computer. This is getting annoying, i have no spare hardware to test my components on, so i'm in a predicament here.

System Specs:
A64 3500+
1GB OCZ DDR 2.5-3-3-7 (Dual Channel)
NEC DVD-/+RW (3520A)
Seagate SATA 160gb Barracuda
Asus A8V w/0219 Bios
Leadtek 5700LE 256mb AGP (6800nu died :( )
Windows XP Home SP2 w/All Updates

Any help appreciated, think my video card, and/or video card overclock could be affecting this? But then again i take into account that 5 burns were succesful. Hmm.

Did this happen on a previous version? if so reinstall the previous version. I've has similar problem with Nero on occasion, but an update fixed the problem. Check Neros site for an update, or reinstall an older version that works for what you're doing. Also try clearing out ALL temp files and close Nero between sessions and see if the problem goes away. Your temp files may be getting to numerous and causing the drive to freak out causing all of your problems.

Matt

matttaylor said:
Did this happen on a previous version? if so reinstall the previous version. I've has similar problem with Nero on occasion, but an update fixed the problem. Check Neros site for an update, or reinstall an older version that works for what you're doing. Also try clearing out ALL temp files and close Nero between sessions and see if the problem goes away. Your temp files may be getting to numerous and causing the drive to freak out causing all of your problems.

Matt

I said i have the newest nerovision 3, also yes it happened with a previous version, so i upgraded, still didn't work, so i formatted, now the problem is arising again. Will try cleaning my temp files, and to be clear, just the c:\documents and settings\myaccount\local settings\temp ? Will try this, if this transcode attempt fails again.

id, just trying to get more info on your situation.

when you mean dvd's do you mean movies like "the wedding crasher"? is your drive flashed to rpc1? are you using something to mask windows so its region free?

open up "nero info tools" select your drive and what region shows up and also next to it is a counter, what does that show?

is this happening with a specific movie? my bro has an extensive collection, i start making a back up of it if he has it and post any issues i have.

Beginner said:
id, just trying to get more info on your situation.

when you mean dvd's do you mean movies like "the wedding crasher"? is your drive flashed to rpc1? are you using something to mask windows so its region free?

open up "nero info tools" select your drive and what region shows up and also next to it is a counter, what does that show?

is this happening with a specific movie? my bro has an extensive collection, i start making a back up of it if he has it and post any issues i have.

i'm transcoding to an image, i burn them later. right now i am transcoding star trek voyager episodes. like i also said, it stops at what seem to be random points and does nothing, nero doesn't freeze, just transcoding halts.

Back