• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fake setup call himself!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RobxMcCarthy

So... I went to repair windoze the other day as I had JUST reformatted and was missing a couple files due to undervolting while installing. (yes yes bad idea, but I didn't realize it).

Anyway, to make a long story short, windows allowed me to F it up completely by dumping the repair files, then popped up this message.

Obviously I was forced to reformat. But the error is hilarious anyway.

osdatv.jpg

LOL! One of the best Windoze errors I've seen. My fiance's computer one said it had 864GB on a 3½ floppy :D

JDXNC said:
LOL! One of the best Windoze errors I've seen. My fiance's computer one said it had 864GB on a 3½ floppy :D

Some space is lost due to the differing ways the actual space is calculated by the OS and disk manufacturer. :rolleyes:

ErikD said:
Some space is lost due to the differing ways the actual space is calculated by the OS and disk manufacturer. :rolleyes:

Some space?? Somehow it calculated in an extra 863.999 GB

Edit.... sorry for the threadjack, but it follows along the line of dumb errors:

floppyglitch.jpg

Last edited:
LOL. You should submit that to the Windows IT Pro magazine. They will probably put in on the last page with odd error messages and stuff...

:cool:

Hmm. Seems like someone at Microsoft forgot to turn off stupid internal error mode. (It looks like a QDEM--quick and dirty error message--normally intended to be left out of a production product, or replaced with a 'Hi there, Windows has conducted an illegal operation and will be shut down. If your problem persists, too bad.')

At least it doesn't say "Oh ****, we couldn't change formats! Time to punt!"

JDXNC said:
Some space?? Somehow it calculated in an extra 863.999 GB

Edit.... sorry for the threadjack, but it follows along the line of dumb errors:

floppyglitch.jpg

Yeah, it just somehow lost the 1.4MB, and then started out all over again at 1TB. Just like when you add 1 to 32,768 and the variable isn't created to hold a large enough number it will become -32,767. :shrug:

Captain Newbie said:
Hmm. Seems like someone at Microsoft forgot to turn off stupid internal error mode. (It looks like a QDEM--quick and dirty error message--normally intended to be left out of a production product, or replaced with a 'Hi there, Windows has conducted an illegal operation and will be shut down. If your problem persists, too bad.')

At least it doesn't say "Oh ****, we couldn't change formats! Time to punt!"

I'd like the second choice as an error message. It would make more sense an dammuse me more at work.

Back