• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CD\DVD players messed up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MarlD

my problem is that xp won't autoplay cd's that i put in the drives i have a sony dvd-rw and a tdk cd-rw, i'll put a disk in and it'll read the disk but play it, i have to use my computer to open the disk up and play it, weither it's a game or dvd, it's starting to get really irratating, i haven't had this problem before and restarting and reinstalling xp doesn't help. this is weird i just put this comp together and got installed xp pro sp1 and sp2 latter hoping it would fix this problem. i was hoping one of you guys might know what i need to do to fix the problem, thanks
Peter

I am at a win2k console right now so I can't check but I believe the solution lies in the properties (right click on the drive and click properties in my computer). One of the tabs tells you what to do when media is incerted. It might be there.

Did you install VMware or something? I knwo that VMWare likes to disable that stuff if it can.

no, thanks for the advice, i'll check it. i was playing around with it so that probably messed things up

my other problem is that the drive icon and name stay whatever the last cd/dvd was in the drive and doesn't change

Back