• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, Gone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scott d

I don't know when this happened, but windows and fax viewer seems to have disappeared from my computer. I can't view thumbnails of picture files, and when I double click a file, it doesn't automatically open anymore. Anybody know how to fix this?

two things:

1. try right click, and then going to where it says "open with" this should expand. is the viewer in that list?

2. if not you need to click "choose program" and find the .exe. let me know if you can't, I'll help you look.

yeah, I was wondering if that may be the case. I can't remember when exactly it happened, but I tried the fix that redduc900 suggested, and it didn't work. Maybe MS will release another update that fixes this? I just want to view my photos as thumbnails again, it's a pain to have to open them one at a time.

Back