• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding Some Kind Of Post thing to website?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amarkarian

as u can see in this website http://enemy-territory.4players.de:1041/ and some others in the middle section he makes posts sort of like a forum. with a title and then as he makes a new one the other ones sink below it. ive seen this kind of thing in a lot of websites. What is it? is it a program?

The older versions of PHP nuke have alot of loops holes and can be vulnerable to attacks. the newer version may be fixed though. Just a warning.

JDXNC said:
Thats a feature of PHP-Nuke, its designed to work with a number of forums I believe.

I tried coppermine and smf forums, coppermine had a "bridge" feature, but all it did was just share the actual database, but didn't merge the two.

Custom PHP for life! The best way to integrate something is to create the code yourself. Nothing can beat it.

cornbread said:
I tried coppermine and smf forums, coppermine had a "bridge" feature, but all it did was just share the actual database, but didn't merge the two.

Did you try phpbb? Thats the one it works with best.

JDXNC said:
Did you try phpbb? Thats the one it works with best.

No.

Does it actually merge the two?

Here is what I want, something easy to set up, with maybe like a main page that blends into the gallery/forum. Main page would be mostly for news and things, just a family site.

I've been messing around with coopermine, then smf, also tried xaraya (more than I needed).

cornbread said:
No.

Does it actually merge the two?

Here is what I want, something easy to set up, with maybe like a main page that blends into the gallery/forum. Main page would be mostly for news and things, just a family site.

I've been messing around with coopermine, then smf, also tried xaraya (more than I needed).

Pretty sure it does, its been a while since I've played around with it but I'm pretty sure it ends up just like they have it.

have a couple questions.

1. this replaces having to use dreamweaver and stuff right?
2. i was looking into other kinds of these and mambo looked really good, is it compatible with my already installed phpbb forum?
3.do u have to create another mysql thing? i already have on for my phpbb, but does each php software need there own msql?

thanks

1. You can still use dreamweaver to design pages, but it is skinnable, so you could probably forgo dreamweaver altogether.
2. No idea. Check the websites. phpbb is a very popular system, so its likely that it is compatible.
3. Probably. You'll have to create a new database (or add tables to your existing one) for php-nuke.

how do i create a new database and then assign it to a certain thing such as nuke? i use godaddy hosting

okay i created a new mysql database,

i am trying to follow these instructions: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=226804

but they say to install phpmyadmin to do this

5. Create a new Mysql database, and in phpmyadmin (or SSH etc) insert the file mambo.sql (before you upload this, uncomment - (remove the #) out the last few lines of the file like this
Quote:
INSERT INTO `mos_users` VALUES (62, 'Administrator', 'admin', 'admin@wherever', '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'superadministrator', 0, 1, 25, '2003-11-11 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00');
INSERT INTO `mos_core_acl_aro` VALUES (62,'users','62',0,'Administrator',0);
INSERT INTO `mos_core_acl_groups_aro_map` VALUES (25,'',62);

#INSERT INTO `mos_users` VALUES (63, 'Editor', 'editor', 'editor@wherever', '5aee9dbd2a188839105073571bee1b1f', 'editor', 0, 0, 20, '2003-11-11 00:00:00', '0000-00-00 00:00:00');
#INSERT INTO `mos_core_acl_aro` VALUES (63,'users','63',0,'Editor',0);
#INSERT INTO `mos_core_acl_groups_aro_map` VALUES (20,'',63);

and sampledata.sql into the newly created db. - these files are in the sql folder of the zip file.

6. Rename the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess if you wish to use SEF URL's

im lost. can i change this stuff using go daddy's website or do i really need to install thiis program to do all this stuff?

Amarkarian said:
okay i created a new mysql database,

i am trying to follow these instructions: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=226804

but they say to install phpmyadmin to do this

im lost. can i change this stuff using go daddy's website or do i really need to install thiis program to do all this stuff?

I have godaddy also, you dont need to install php admin, all you need to do is have your mysql info like database name and password. If phpnuke is like other content managers it will ask you the info once your try to install it, like phpboard does.

Also, I think you do need a new database for each thing you install.

EDIT....

After looking at the site link you posted it does appear you have to install all of that, most CM's do that for you during install. Anyway to get to phpadmin from godaddy, goto your mysql setup, then I think you click on manage to get to phpadmin.

Back