• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Codec packs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FyreDaug

I have no idea which codecs are normally used and I know the nimo codec pack is fairly popular, but its rather old. It is 2006 now. Any other packs that people use that are good? Or even self made packs?

For the past few years I have been using the K-Lite Codec Pack which has been perfect for me. It has proven not to affect my system performance and has given me great things in return. You should do a search on the web for a reputable site that gives out the K-Lite Codec pack, as some fake packs are virus infected. Just use common sense, and if the website looks legit, or you have downloaded from them before, then you should be fine.

Above I have listed a few links where you could find some information on the K-lite Codec pack. I would also highly suggest that you do a forum search for this as it has been discussed before and also, you should do your own google search and try to find more information on this topic.

Raven

i only use divx and ac3 and have yet to run across a video that i cant run...

Back