• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! F'ed up my windows boot thing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ilikepie

Yesterday night i decided i wanted to try out linux. I downloaded the gentoo live cd and installed gentoo on another partitition on my other hard drive. After the install i wanted to go to windows. When i turened my computer on the grub bootmanager showed up but only gentoo was a option. I thought it was because it was installed on my non primary harddrive. So i restart and change the boot order to my windows drive first same thing happens. Now i take out the hard drive with linux and try again now i have a error 22 with grub. Next i plug the hdd with gentoo on it and delete all the partitions with gentoo on it. Restart same thing error 22. I think that is a no os error. So now im stuck with nothing. Is my windows partition gone or i just need to change something? I have the ultimate boot cd if that would help but have no idea how to use any of the programs on it.

Back