• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NTFS Boot??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crofty83

I have an old win98 boot disks which is excelent for booting into DOS and working on a FAT32 or less drive. However I have a NFTS drive that I need to access via another means than winXP so I can delete some protected/used files. Is this possible

Can you delete files from the recovery console outside \windows?
I usually use a BartPE Boot CD for this since it allways me to do anything on the partition even deleting/renaming the windows directory, something the recovery console definitely does not allow

klingens said:
Can you delete files from the recovery console outside \windows?
I usually use a BartPE Boot CD for this since it allways me to do anything on the partition even deleting/renaming the windows directory, something the recovery console definitely does not allow
IIRC, there's also nothing prohibiting the use of the 'cd' command in Recovery Console either...The idea of recovery console is to give you a working terminal (although 'working' and 'DOS commands' don't go together well) so that you may fix the problem, whatever it may be, that is keeping you from invoking a regular Windows session.

Back