• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Divx problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crb806

OK. I am running XP SP2 on my Sony Vaio laptop and when i tried to play divx movies with the newest version of divx i would get a blue screen, so i downloaded an older version of divx and that would let me play div3 and div4 but the divx would play, but all fuzzy and scrambled and i would eventually get an error. has anyone heard of this or got any ideas? i have tried using some older version of divx and reinstalling etc, but the best i can do is get div3 and div4 to play but not divx.

whats rootkit

A rootkit is....

A hacker security tool that captures passwords and message traffic to and from a computer. A collection of tools that allows a hacker to provide a backdoor into a system, collect information on other systems on the network, mask the fact that the system is compromised, and much more. Rootkit is a classic example of Trojan Horse software. Rootkit is available for a wide range of operating systems.

Some Sony/BMG CDs used to have a rootkit on them that would install if you played the CD in your computer.

do you think a rootkit is my problem?, and how do go about a fix :shrug:
thanks for the replies

Back