• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Doing The Mambo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amarkarian

On the /mambo/instillation/install.php i get these

Host Name: have tried: godaddy.com, hongkong, stupidchill.com, localhost.

MySQL User Name: hongkong

MySQL Password: *********: ps i know its right

MySQL Database Name: mysql31.secureserver.net

MySQL TABLE PREFIX: mos_ (the one that is already there)

after trying about 6 million different options i always get the password the username/password is wrong.

i even called go daddy but they didnt help. does anyone have any ideas?

what im trying to ask is what are the server settings as listed above? what could i be doing wrong?

Host name will be something like "mysql.secureserver.net"...something along those lines. In the mysql settings go to edit and it will tell you everything there, like host name, database name and whatever password you choose.

Did you try phpnuke? I knew you were looking at it. Did you like it?

i liked the look of mambo alot more, it just looked cleaner and more proffesional, but i am having a lot of trouble setting it up as u can see above

This is just a guess, but as host name you probably need to put this...

mysql31.secureserver.net

User and database name are usually the same, in your case "hongkong", and then whatever password you choose.

Hmmm, don't know what to tell you then, sorry.

In case you can't get that to work, here is another one, nice clean looking, easy to install, BUT after installed "I" was kinda lost with features and stuff, but you might do better with it.

http://www.xaraya.com/index.php

I think your in the same situation I'm in, lol...I was looking to set-up a personal website, but haven't found something that fits my needs. I've tried several.

Also here is something that looks good, BUT I couldn't get past the install, you have to enter all the info manually, the install doesn't do it, so I never did give it a shot.

http://drupal.org/

yeah i think im going to give mambo another shot, A). because it intergrates with phpbb easily, and b) looks alot cleaner then those^.

Well update, u have godaddy correct? well your in luck, after talking to a go daddy representitive i found out that they have about 12 free programs that come installed already one of them being mambo just call them up, it has php chat and alot of cool programs

Amarkarian said:
Well update, u have godaddy correct? well your in luck, after talking to a go daddy representitive i found out that they have about 12 free programs that come installed already one of them being mambo just call them up, it has php chat and alot of cool programs

Yeah I knew it came with free programs, but I never noticed Mambo as being one of them, I'll check it out.

if u have dreamweaver this is a great guide
http://www.mambosolutions.com/dw_tutorial/

really easy to follow im working on it right now. i think it may be complicated in the beggining but once u learn it i bet its really easy, and it has a alot of hacks and such to add content/compatitility

Back