• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Save point

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gunther

Hello, there is supposed to be some sort of way to put a reference point on windows {I currently run on win2k} could someone tell me how to do this, and how do I access it if I need it? If you have read my old posts you can tell that I havn't had good luck not getting viruses, so I have it re-installed, I just got McAfee antivirus thanks to comcast, I installed spybot S&D and AdAware, and gave my computer a good shakedown. It has no viruses, and is working fine {minus a video card that broke, a GeForce 6600 GT if anyone cares} Anyways, I just want to have a "save point" if for whatever reason I get another virus. I should probably state that not only I use this computer, also my cousin uses it on occasion and I think he likes to click on adds :bang head Anyway, you get the idea, where's the reference point? Thanks much =}

If you're referring to the System Restore tool that comes with XP, unfortunately it's not available for W2K.

Unfortunatly that was exactly what I was refering to....dang. Well at least I know, I could install win xp home, but I feel it would be just a waste of time, the operating system just isn't as stable as win2k is, IMHO at least. Thanks for input redduc900.

Back