• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

An MP3 tagging program that is capable of...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anjow

...Tagging files based on a mask applied to their filename AND most importantly, the folder they are in.

For example:

I have a collection of 24 albums. Their filenames are in the format "01 - Songname.mp3" and they are stored within a folder whose name is that of the album.

My current program, TigoTago, can cope with the filename mask just fine so I have managed to extract the track number and name from the filename, but I am left with no album name which I need to extract from the folder name.

Sorry if my post is a bit bitty, I am finding it hard to put into words.

Does anyone know of a (preferably freeware) tagging program that can solve my problem by extracting tag data from folders?

Thanks.

I believe ID3-Tag it can do that for you. That's what I use for large MP3 tagging, though I don't do much of that anymore...I'm all about Musepack these days. :D

Back