• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem installing XP Pro, please help!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celeron_Phreak

Okay, so I was having some problems with my system locking up in games since I rebuilt the system with the A8N-SLI. I figured it might have been due to me not reloading windows.

So I did a quick format on the drive and it started the windows install. First time around it hangs after the first reboot and the graphical install process where you first get the mouse cursor. Second time it hangs half way though the "Installing Devices" section after the first reboot.

WHY IS IT HANGING ON ME?!?!?

I'm not overclocking right now, memory and CPU settings are all set to auto, unnessary intergrated peripherals are disabled. I need my computer back up and running for tomorrow's school work, everything is on my other hard drive. What is going on here?!? :cry:

Given that you're NOT overclocking and everything is running on "Auto", but you will still need to check IF your PC is running stable itself! Did you check your PC for stability by running a) Memtest 86 or similar for your on-board memory timings, b) Prime95 for overall system stability??
All should be done prior to installing Windows!

Well I finally got windows installed using the Silicon Image 3112 drivers instead of the 3114 drivers that came with the board. So far no problems.

I didn't know prime95 could be run outside of windows. How do I do this?

Back