• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP x64 Themes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ErikD

I have been running Windows XP SP2 for a long time now, and have used the hacked uxtheme.dll to apply customized themes. It has worked perfectly for me, but now I am setting up an XP x64 PC and found that the same uxtheme.dll doesn't work, no big surprise. Is there any updated file that will work with x64, or am I stuck with the included themes?

Yes I know abut WindowBlinds for x64 but don't want to go that route for a few reasons. Mostly because I am already using a theme I like which doesn't work with it, and if I have to switch I would just as much go with included themes. I just need a single theme that I can use because I have my profile on a server. It doesn't make sense to have different accounts for each PC, sort of defeats the whole purpose of a domain.

Thanks, I will give it a shot.

I ended up formating and changing to a dual boot setup anyway. I realized the x64 puts the 32bit applications in different locations than XP. So when I logged in with my XP profile I had problems using my regular applications. So I just decided that I would use XP so I could keep my profile, access to my Outlook, and such. I created a different account for use in x64, which I am in the process of setting up now. Now I can use x64 when I want for testing, or just general use, and still keep all of my XP setting as I still have XP on a laptop and primary PC.

Back