• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows xp/2k trial

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

Is there anywhere i can download a trial version of windows xp or 2000 i just need a temporary fix.

thnx in advance

RIPSTER

There's no such thing as a trial version of XP or W2K, and if you find a downloadable version of either online anywhere other than the MSDN site, it's considered an illegal copy.

Trial keys, however, do exist and are legal. They give you 60 days before you have to either install XP/2K with a full copy or contact MS about it. You'll need a full disc of Windows to install, however. I can't tell you where to get either, though.

k thnx, sorry if i broke any rules posting this, I thought there was a trial version seeing as if you dont activate windows it allows you to use it for thirty days i thought this could be called a trial version.

RIPSTER

You can do a Windows XP Pro x64 (64bit) trial thats good for 120 days ; if that helps ? LINKY

Nah I got an old PIII rig I need to get running for a bit.

Does knoppix support windows Programs, e.g. Games

Linux may/may not support some games through WINE, but I wouldn't count on it. What about a trial of server 2003? I think there are some 90/120 day trials online someplace. Anyone know?

If that rig has a Cert of Authenticity sticker on the case, and the hardware is mostly unchanged, you could use the legit key with another XP disc.

Would the 2003 server support normal software and a PIII rig with 128mb RAM and an 8MB Graphics Card

Well the base of the problem actualy is that I have a legit windows XP CD but it is corrupt meaning when installation is building list of files to install some are missing, Is there any way e.g. program to download to read all important system files and replace any missing ones?

RIPSTER said:
Well the base of the problem actualy is that I have a legit windows XP CD but it is corrupt meaning when installation is building list of files to install some are missing, Is there any way e.g. program to download to read all important system files and replace any missing ones?

Replacement disk questions/answers HERE

Thnx ne way but its to big to download not enough time! any answer to my other question?

Back