• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bit torrent

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIPSTER

Does anyone know of an online bit torrent client or a client that requires no installation I am using a pc that is restricted to no installation and i need to find such a client.

Thnx in advance

RIPSTER

When i try to run any programs on this pc, it is a library pc and has limited user rights the following error message comes up-

C:\ Documents and Settings\publicadult\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\18TF5G4Q\utorrent[1].exe is not a valid Win32 application

This may just be windows way of limiting my user rights but usualy it just says you do not have the correct privilages and utorrent does not need installation?

thnx

RIPSTER

RIPSTER said:
When i try to run any programs on this pc, it is a library pc and has limited user rights the following error message comes up-

C:\ Documents and Settings\publicadult\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\18TF5G4Q\utorrent[1].exe is not a valid Win32 application

This may just be windows way of limiting my user rights but usualy it just says you do not have the correct privilages and utorrent does not need installation?

thnx

RIPSTER
just explain the situation to the library network admin. i'm sure they won't mind you using their work station and bandwidth to download... :rolleyes:

RIPSTER said:

thnx

RIPSTER
Can you create a folder in "My Documents" ?

Just make a folder there and download µTorrent and place it in that folder.

And no, you don't need to install it. Just download, and run from directory.

I found making a temp folder in my c:/ dir I could install programs such as Winamp and run utor with no admin problems... prolly depends on the network however.

kovboi said:
just explain the situation to the library network admin. i'm sure they won't mind you using their work station and bandwidth to download... :rolleyes:

hahaha!

you remind me of my friend, he's the head of the student coucil and is in politics. He uses the student coucil servers supplied by the school to download his and his friends torrents and when there doe he burns them on dvd or tanfers them on his FTP.

pretty funny. I use BitTornado but you have to install so it doesnt help you.

kovboi said:

QFT

If you can't install the program, I'm pretty sure they don't want you to. I'm not going to allow a thread that could possibly be used to circumvent precautionary measures regarding installing programs to continue any further.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back