• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ak31 rev2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trident2

What are the best memory settings for my motherboard? I am brand new at overclocking. I haven't overclocked my processor yet because I have only the stock cpu cooler waiting on a thermaltake volcano 6cu. Thanks

amd xp1500+
crucial pc2100 2X256m ram
geforce2 gts 64mb
soundblaster live
shuttle ak31 rev2
windtunnel IV case w/fotron350w pwrsupply

get yourself the performance bios for your board, get yourself prime95, set your ram to the max (lower number is faster), test for stability with prime, if you get round off error, back off the T1 to T2 (forgot what the name for that setting) or maybe back off the CL to 2.5 and keep it at T1, which ever work.

Have you unlock your XP? if you are planning on oc your cpu, lower your mem setting to the lowest possible setting (higher number), and worry about the stability of the cpu first then worry about mem second.

My AK31 Rev 2 Memory Settings @ 154 MHz - AK31S907 Performance BIOS

DRAM Clock = Host Clock
DRAM Timing = Manual
SDRAM Cycle Length = 2
Bank Interleave = 4 bank
DRAM Command Rate = 2T
Precharge to Active = 2T
Active to Precharge = 5T
Active to CMD = 2T

I only have one stick of Crucial so you might have to back off a little when overclocking. If you can't find the AK31S907 BIOS at the Shuttle FTP site, I'll be glad to e-mail it to you. My SiSoft Sandra memory scores are 714/915 at these settings. You won't have the final 3 settings in the BIOS unless you flash the performance BIOS.

ak31v2 memory

Thanks for the helpemail . I looked at unlocking it but I think that might be a little to hard for me to try on my new processor. My e-mail is attached.

Back