• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with very low mem scores on sisoft

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bso8870

I have a p3v133 with a 650 chip, oc'd to 866mhz. I am running 128 pc133 ram. My fsb is set to 133. I ran sisoft mem benchmark and the numbers came back as follows, 155/171. It appears these numbers are very low. How can i go about improving these. I am a newbie so please bear with me.

Thanks,

Mike

go to bios.

change memory interleave from 2 way to 4 way
change cas from 3 to 2
change cas to ras from 3 to 2

change only ONE setting at a time and if its stable, keep it, if not then change it back. most likely the 4 way will speed up ur memory a lot.

Download this!

You just have to run it once and it enables memory bank interleaving. You can use this if you don't have a setting for memory bank interleaving in you BIOS. I got a big jump in my memory scores on my VIA 133A duallie up to near 400 on each score. You can't get that high with the older VIA 133 chipset, but you might get up to 300 or so. Also, if you have decent SDRAM, try the CAS2 setting like Bmxpunk86pl suggested.

http://download.viahardware.com/MemoryEnable.zip

Back