• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pat's little project (!=56k)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

(Now that housekeeping is under control)

I'm sure most of you know I gave up gaming and my hardware addiction. :cool: Fear not! I am not becoming a recluse.

I love to work on my car's stereo, and as a result have spun projects off of certain aspects of it. Recently, I have been offered a chance that I couldn't refuse to jump on. I have been offered to make a whole new TOP of a pc, encompassing a radiator, fillport, and fans, and make it look el-natural.

I'm sure my client will chime in soon ;)

So, what I'm going to do is a pictorial writeup of my progress. It's going to be quite a trip!!! I'll try to do as little explaining as possible, as I know everyone just wants pictures.

The initial concept:
casetop.jpg

I got too excited and didn't snap any before shots. Let's just say the top of the case was cut for a heater core but due to some leakage issues, the core was replaced with a BIX3. The cuts were a little sloppy, so I straightened them out for the most part.

I also extended the length of the hole to cover the new radiator :santa:

HPIM1804.jpg

HPIM1805.jpg

You'll notice my cut's aren't pefect. There's a rhyme and a reason ;)

HPIM1806.jpg

^ Oh no! It's a little big!!! :bang head What will we do?

Last edited:
Maybe this will help:
HPIM1807.jpg

8x24 sheet metal. Wouldn't you know it? It's a perfect fit!

HPIM1808.jpg

It was a little long, so I trimmed it down:
HPIM1810.jpg

And to attach it, we use my new "tools":
HPIM1811.jpg

Last edited:
^I didn't get any further than putting the unopened pop-riveter on the case top... heh

* got bored so I finished the metal work

HPIM1819.jpg

HPIM1820.jpg

I know I went overkill on the rivets but better safe than sorry and it 'better be stronger than it origionally was ;)

Last edited:
I cant wait to get it back... I cut it up real quick at work one day with a die grinder. That is going to be totally awesome when its done. Keep up the good work! I ment to cut it larger, but seeing as how I had been stalling on the whole deal for over a month I figured that I'd just send it out!

Last edited:
Back