• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

socket A wb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pejsaboy

i'm hoping to set up a water loop over the course of the next few months. i'll be able to get a heatercore free, so that takes care of a rad. i'm still looking and researching pumps, but the main thing i'm having a problem with is a waterblock.
i plan on running this socket A setup basically until AGP won't get me by. or until i can afford an entire system all at once, which isnt in the near future :)
my problem comes from not having the 4 mounting holes in my mobo to support the mounting of all the waterblocks i've been able to find. i can only mount using the 'clip-on' method. are there any waterblocks out there that use that mounting method, or will i have to try making my own wb?

the 600x series are the only ones that i recall having the clip on mounting available. making your own retention clip isnt that hard. took me a day to make mines and that was only using a dremel and a hand drill.

looks like that's a discontinued model according to the swiftech site. are they easily found [i've checked svc, frozencpu, and sidewinder], or is there something still in production that would fit?

yeah, those are only about $10 from what i've seen in my quick browsing, so no worries there. any idea what they might/should be going for if i can find one [the block, not mounting kit]?

maybe try some classifieds? by now people should be upgrading and probably have em up for sale. Hey what ever happened to the classifieds in this forum?

pejsaboy said:
my problem comes from not having the 4 mounting holes in my mobo to support the mounting of all the waterblocks i've been able to find. i can only mount using the 'clip-on' method. are there any waterblocks out there that use that mounting method, or will i have to try making my own wb?

Koolance sells a socket a waterblock that supports the clip on method. Check out their web site, or drive over to Fry's Electronics, if there's one near you.

You need a 6002 that is made for socket A, you cant just get the clip, the socket A block has a stepped base.

Just a heads up.

Back