• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DTek Customs: If this is a good deal, everyone should get this!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natewildes

After going to a bunch of wesites, I found www.dtekcustoms.com to be the cheapest, plus they have the WhiteWater waterblock for sale, which is rated one of the best. This seems too good to be true, because I'm going to buy this pump for $20. I know it's not a 'water cooling' pump, but the water flow and max head is pretty good, plus it's near silent. With this pump, it brings my total cost to $100, the price of a low-end kit. Will this system really perform the way I hope (well), and/or does anyone have any experience with the pump or Dtek products in general?
Thanks!

White Water Waterblock with USMA Adapter (All CPU's)
1/2"
Qty: x1 $29.99

Unpainted Pro-120 Core
Brass Barbs 1/2"
Qty: x1 $24.99

D-TEK Bay-Reservoir
1/2" Elbow
Qty: x1 $9.99

High Grade Tubing: 1/2"
Qty: x8 $0.99

Y-Fitting
1/2"
Qty: x1 $1.25

Nylon Hose Clamp (10- pack)
1/2"
Qty: x1 $5.99

Subtotal: $80.13

i believe the whitewater you have listed is the the aluminum topped version, which may lead to corrosion later on. I say pick up the whitewater limited edition, which should have a copper top. ITs only 5 bucks more, you can get it at cool technica or PTS. IMO i would stay away from any aluminum block.

If the Aluminum is properly anodized it won't be an issue. Since this has gained a lot of talk in the past companies have gotten more careful about it. I wouldn't worry too much about an Al top.

That is a good, cheap way to get into watercooling though. Good luck.

thanks vodoo i didnt know that, people just always tell me to stay away from al topped blocks. In that case, go for it nate!

45db is way too loud for me, under 30 is tolerable, but thats just me

that's true, don't want to forget that....
On the QuietOne pump, it has 2 (in/out) srew-fittings; does the tubing fit over that, or will I need an adapter so I can slip the tubing on?

Everything looks good but that pump is Loud with a capital L, and they call it Quiet One...
I would suggest you bite the bullet and get one of the 12V pumps because they are excellent pumps and will serve you for a long time.

You need fittings for that pump. It says 1/2" but that's an NPT pipe thread measurement that works out to nearly 3/4". NPT is based on a thick pipe's inside diameter, so the outside thread is actually much larger.

You need 1/2" Female NPT by 1/2" barb fittings. The threads will be on the inside of a hexagonal barrel on the base of the barb.
Pick up some silicone to seal the threads with and you'll be all set.

And yeah, that pump ain't so quiet...

i guess I'll spend the extra $25 bucks and get one of those DD or DTek pumps, seems like they perform similarly to others, but are 'no-name'?

The $50 model that DTek and Danger Den sells is supposed to be fairly quiet and compact from what I remember hearing here on the forums. They're not bad pumps.

that quiet one [1200] isn't worth your time. I used 2 of those and got mine for $17.99...you get what you pay for. I tried modding the impellar..still loud. I busted out and got a mcp350. awesome pump.

the specs for those quietone pumps are misleading. I did that max head test and it didn't go higher than 8"!! Nowhere near like the mag3 and hydor. and as everyone is saying..they aren't quiet. oh yeah, they add massive amounts of heat to the loop...tested with out a rad and water temp rose way too high after 20min

Back