• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reassemble = drops in temps!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fuzzba11

I had been running a leaky radiator for a few weeks, due to a hose barb that was the wrong size. I had glued the barb on with plumbers Goop, but it wasn't doing much good, so I ordered a shiny black replacement. Last time I built I ran out of AS3, and didn't put much on the GPU, so I got some AS5 with the rad and made sure my cores were covered.

After the Fexex guy dropped by, I got to disassembly and draining my rig. Then I re-mounted and re-tubed the system, filled, and did about 20 seconds of leak testing. Booted into Windows with a 10 C temp drop on my GPU! 5 degrees shaved off my CPU temp! Yesssss! :attn:

front.jpg
side-flash2.jpg
side2.jpg
back.jpg

One question, is your setup 1/2" I.D? I see your Koolance ram blocks and I know that their stuff is usually 1/4" or 3/8". So there is something fishy about your hose size lol. May I ask what type of pump that is, I would also like to get a pump with an inlet and outlet that stands upward. Nice & clean setup bro.

Yes, lol, that must be some "reassembled" setup to have a 10C drop all of a sudden :). His rad does look like it has good airflow, if he is pulling that is.

Looks much better. But damn 20 sec leak test after retubing pretty crazy. It's possible to have dropped 10C, maybe his previous temps just plain sucked.

Yeah my old temps sucked, GPU temp was 55 idle at stock speeds! That was no good, I think I mentioned that I ran out of Arctic Silver so I didn't have much for the GPU core last time. Also, I found that my new graphics card (RMA'd old one when it got leaked on) clocks to 439/1130 over my old 409/1080. Woot!

Fans are pulling through the rad and it's 3/8", but the RAM block is 1/4" so there's a converter that you can see in the first pic. Also my tubes were too long, and I was suffering from some flow restriction. I actually had two steel hose clamps preventing a kink between the CPU and GPU. Check out the old vs the new:
P1010207.jpg
side2.jpg

Ahaha! LAN party + snow storm in Denver = CPU idle 19C (66 F), GPU 32C (89F). My radiator is about 3 inches away from the door.

Back