• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My water cool project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samuraiosc

Registered
hello all im starting my first water cool setup and fuzzba11 has been helping me along so i thought i would post it here to get some feedback as to if the parts are good which i know some of them are but am i uncertin if they will all work well together.

my water block choices are swiftek storm here or the v6 .

for pumps im looking at water chill xtreme

for gpu nv68 just unshure if i need some extra support since its heavy and if i sli later.

for res im not shure i like this one here but am unshure if its a res or not since it looks small. this seems to be the res for the other one above here

radiator choice is here

tubes

all this going into thermaltake armor btw. any help would be great

also you cant use it on future cards

get a maze4, and i really think the ram cooler is a waste of time and 60 bucks

edit- i realize you messed up your links.

get the storm, not that gimmick?

well as for pump vs mcp 655 and the nv68 vs the maze4, they were recomendations i dont know which to get so i was looking to see if what i had was a good setup so far. i dont know which one is more reliable or performes better.

with the maze i would need some ram heat spreaders right i have a 6800gt now.

also for a res is that thermaltake one that takes 2 5.25 bays a res or just a flow indicator & level indcicator?

Not trying to steal the thread but a quick question - When water cooling the GPU, you get the water block for the core. Are ram sinks required? If so, how do you mount them? Stick it with AS5? :D Ty!

ok if i sli later can i use 2 maze4's on the same loop going from 1 vid card to next then back to the radiator? also i would need some heat sinks for the ram any ones better than the others?

im shure theres 100 threads about coolant and 90% water 10% antifreeze seems common but im curious about these premix ones with uv reactive in it, are these bad?

im still looking for a res for mysetup i like the m3 but not shure if the smaller fittings will impact it alot. any good re's? that someone can link me?

DangerDen sells some low-profile Maze4 GPU blocks that will fit in an SLi rig.

For your loop you can do a 90% distilled water, 10% antifreeze, and then buy a dye for the loop.

If you cant find a res that you like, have you considered going with a t-line? You can buy the t-fitting and a cap for ~$2.

V10Ace said:
Not trying to steal the thread but a quick question - When water cooling the GPU, you get the water block for the core. Are ram sinks required? If so, how do you mount them? Stick it with AS5? :D Ty!

They arent required, if you OC the ram will get hot. I stick my heatsinks on with Elmers White GLue. COmes off easy and its cheap. It works quite well.

Back