• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NV Silencer 5 rev 3 on an x1900xt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HonersStodnt

Registered
I just took out a ruler.. the hole pattern for the silencer lines up fine with the hole pattern for the x1900xt's heatsink...

has anyone tried this? would it work?

i think at best that silencer would give you 2x hotter temps than the stock cooler, I dont know why you would change it out with a silencer, you'd have worse temps.
Unless your going water or some other kind of non air cooling the stock cooler is the best at the moment.

give it a shot, if there are no components that will interfere with the heatsink, and it makes good contact with the GPU then try it. just make sure there's proper contact with the die and its not touching any other components on the card

ah... I didnt know if the temps would be worse or not. Damn. I just remember how quiet my 7800gt was on it, and kinda wanted to quiet down my x1900xt. I cant afford water cooling. Has anyone looked at the acellero x2 by arctic cooling? Im kinda considering that, although exhausting 70+ degree air onto my motherboard doesnt seem like a great idea.

Here's one cooling solution you might want to look into. Jod has one on order and should be reporting soon of how well it works.

Edit: Nevermind. Someone at XS has one and it sucked...... poor design and not enough cooling for the X1900 Series. I imagine Jod will be very disappointed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835119064

You might also want to consider the soon to be released Zalman Heatpipe VF900

Last edited:
HousERaT said:
Here's one cooling solution you might want to look into. Jod has one on order and should be reporting soon of how well it works.

Edit: Nevermind. Someone at XS has one and it sucked...... poor design and not enough cooling for the X1900 Series. I imagine Jod will be very disappointed.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835119064

You might also want to consider the soon to be released Zalman Heatpipe VF900

I emailed an inquary about that VF900 to Sharkacorp.com(they are launch partners with Zalman) and they told me within the next week or two they will be accepting pre-orders on their website, and it will be in stock in early april.

It's a nice looking cooler...... bigger than I thought also but it is expensive coming it a just under $50. :-/

Back