• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans for Rad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Welp, I'm almost confident I'm going WC'ing. d94 helped me pickout a BIP II. My aim with this WC setup is to make my rig quiet/silent. I need 2 fans for the RAD. So putting those two together...I'd have to say they need to be silent, or undervolt well as they will be on a fan controller. I have a Panaflo Ultra HIgh Speed 120x38 119CFM fan...I tried undervolting it to hear how loud it was, the motor has that nasty whine to it...just trying to avoid that. Thanks alot for your replies!

JasonDTM said:
Sanyo Denkies undervolt real well, try and look at some Thermaltake thunderblades and or Yate Loons.

Don't Yate Loons only move like 40 ~ 45ish CFM @ 12v? I figure that while I'm gaming I'll have these fans @ 12v and while sleep, close to 4v/5v.

I got sanyo denki, at 7V they are silent (no motor noise, no clicking, just a weak air whoosh). Been hearing a lot about delta tri-blade serie, they undervolt like a dream too.

So far I have been very pleased with my scythe ninjas (63cfm 28dba). I have them undervolted at 7 volts and they are nearly silent. Yate loons also work well if you want quiet fans, although they do push less air. I think I last saw a good deal on them at jab-tech.

I've got the medium-speed Yate Loon D12SM-12's -- basically the same fan as the Nexus/Tricod/D12SL-12 with a faster motor. These are essentially silent at 5 volts, but give you more top end. If you don't need the extra airflow, though, I'd stick with the low-speed version.

Oh, and stay away from the translucent yate loons if you want silence. The clear fans are said make more noise than the solid black or orange ones, probably because of the plastic used.

Hmm....where can I find those Yate Loon D12SM-12's at? or even the Sanyo Denkies ? I'm not quite to sure where to find more rare fans. Thanks for everyone's replies, much appricated :D

I have high-speed (152cfm) 120x38mm deltas... they're not so loud at 6v to be honest.

I also have a SINGLE medium-speed (107cfm) 120x38 delta... it's actually quite silent at 12v, and very silent at 6v...

Got Panaflo Ultras that I run at just under 7v on mine. Maybe I'm just going deaf, because I can barely hear 'em at that speed. I'm replacing them with a bunch of Cooler Master Silent LED fans, though - think they push 40-ish CFM at about 22dBa.

Otter said:
Those are the low speed fans rather than the medium speed ones you were asking about, but they are very nice fans. And finally Yate Loon is making them in black instead of orange. :)

I was thinking about those Sanyo Denkies

Otter said:
Ah, okay. Good luck with them. :)

Hehehee thanks. d94 helped me out with alot of the parts I've choosen, he is using those and he says they undervolt quite nicly like other posts in this thread.

Back