• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Fittings should i use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aDaM-uK

Hey guys, i was wondering one fittings you would recommend for a waterblock. I need something secure, and yet mobile, so that i can disconnect it, with some kind of shut off, to stop the water coming through. That way, if i have a leak, i can get to the problem immediately.

Thanks

Adam

I'd recommend going with plain old hose barbs and worm clamps. Get the style with just one ridge at the end if you can, but the kind with several ridges work too. That won't give you a shutoff, but those quick disconnect things are a lot more likely to leak or pop off.

A better emergency measure would be to install a valve or cap off a T at the bottom of your loop. If you spring a leak, you can then drain the coolant quickly and minimize your cleanup. The first thing to do, of course, is to turn off the power. Once you hit the switch on the PSU, there won't be any further damage to your electronics.

Back