• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone tried those Aerocool 140mm on their rads?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CFM doesn't matter a whole lot. I highly doubt any of the fans i put on any of my rad's pushed 54cfm when @ 5V. That isn't the problem though, those fans are only 20mm thick, they are going to have almost no pressure, and will not work with crap on a heatercore.

preasure is determined by more than just width of fan blades.

those fans have more baldes ( very important for pressure) and have 2square cm area more per blade. the low RPM subracts from performance as pressure makes use of RPM and closer fitted blades .

i would be interested in trying out one of those fans BUT i would like to see a 40mm thick version or a counter rotating version with the apropriate oposition on hte blades as well.

so i culd stack them right on top of each other

guys, where can i find counter rotating fans? i'm working on my first w/c loop and would like to try something like that out.

bump, does anybody have first hand experience witht these fans?

Captain Helghas said:
54.7cfm & 0.036in H20? That's weak. Get a Delta is you want true cooling power. Even undervolted they will push more air than this.
Where to buy Deltas.
Deltas are awful, I can't see any reason to use them in a watercooled rig, IMO silence is the best part about water.

My neighbor just bought a Stacker 830 with 4 of those 140mms for the side, so I'll get him to post a project thread tomorrow when the case arrives. We'll be able to see how much air they move. :shrug:

floorfannage.jpg

Using three of 'em on a Thermochill PA 120.3 where they are working quite well (and virtually silent too).
Probably not so effective on a thicker, denser heatercore, but fine for this application.

Beginner said:
guys, where can i find counter rotating fans? i'm working on my first w/c loop and would like to try something like that out.

bump, does anybody have first hand experience witht these fans?

counter-rotating ones are very hard to come by. I believe delta models start with GFB. You can e-mail Gary at sidewinder and see what the story is (if he will be getting any in stock), or browse around the forums. They go for about $50. This is the most desired one: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de12gf.html

Looks sexy to me, I wouldnt use the adapter though, I think your not gonna see any advantage with an adaptor.

The people who are talking about counter rotating and ultra thick fans are in a totaly different group from those who would be using these fans.

not really corvette
think about it . if there is a counter rotating unit for only a 5-7db gain i can increase the air pressure tremendously without going to higher rpm fans . granted its a diferent catagory of price because it would be god aweful expencive.

but if you want the best of both worlds . well i guess it depends on what you meant by diferent catagory. weather you meant noise performance or money catagories

hehe i have built a cooling unit that uses a 15hp fan that is over 2 meters across=) granted it was not for cooling a computer but the setup is identical to our pc cooling units minus the block and size

thorilan said:
not really corvette
think about it . if there is a counter rotating unit for only a 5-7db gain i can increase the air pressure tremendously without going to higher rpm fans . granted its a diferent catagory of price because it would be god aweful expencive.

but if you want the best of both worlds . well i guess it depends on what you meant by diferent catagory. weather you meant noise performance or money catagories

hehe i have built a cooling unit that uses a 15hp fan that is over 2 meters across=) granted it was not for cooling a computer but the setup is identical to our pc cooling units minus the block and size

IDK, I still think the silent folks would prefer something intended for their noise range rather than something undervolted. Fan blades designed for low RPM and low noise are best in their situation.

Still, for this fan we have the Aesthetics/silent factor, for ultra thick counter rotating we have the noise/performance thing going and much less Aesthetics/bling. Also, like you said there is a money difference as well.

Not that I wouldnt like to see this fan in a 38mm package either but I think there are plenty who will like this setup.

clocker2 said:
floorfannage.jpg

Using three of 'em on a Thermochill PA 120.3 where they are working quite well (and virtually silent too).
Probably not so effective on a thicker, denser heatercore, but fine for this application.

that's really nice looking. It's a shame it's hidden away on the bottom of your case.

@ very humid, do they sell just one fan that spins counter clockwise? maybe i can make my own counter rotating fan?

@ clocker2, how did you make those holes for your 120mm fans? i used a dremel and cutting bit to punch out some case grills and it came out looking FUGLY. i bought a hole saw but it looked to hard to control, i thought it would dent my side panel.

no . very very very few companies make counter rotating blades because there just inst a ned for them as almost none in the world other than crazy loony water coolers would think to use them like that

Beginner said:
@ very humid, do they sell just one fan that spins counter clockwise? maybe i can make my own counter rotating fan?

sidewinder carries more delta fans for pcs than anyone. It is rare that Delta even makes the counter-rotating ones because it takes a large order to justify the expensive manufacturing. I don't think you would have much luck making a counter-rotating fan with no experience, it is more complicated than it looks.

good luck finding them. there is no shame with the 120x38mm fans they make, they will still push over 200CFM, which is just insane.

veryhumid said:
sidewinder carries more delta fans for pcs than anyone. It is rare that Delta even makes the counter-rotating ones because it takes a large order to justify the expensive manufacturing. I don't think you would have much luck making a counter-rotating fan with no experience, it is more complicated than it looks.

good luck finding them. there is no shame with the 120x38mm fans they make, they will still push over 200CFM, which is just insane.

i was hoping to put a regular clockwise rotating fan to push air ---> rad ---> counter rotating fan to pull air.

put a rad in between both fans. maybe it would work? i have seen the chart here with the temp performance differences with shroud/no shroud/pull/push etc.

i was thinking that this new twist might yield some positive results?

Beginner said:
@ clocker2, how did you make those holes for your 120mm fans? i used a dremel and cutting bit to punch out some case grills and it came out looking FUGLY. i bought a hole saw but it looked to hard to control, i thought it would dent my side panel.
I used a jig saw- made all the easier by unriveting the entire case and being able to work with the relatively flat panels.

CM uses alot of bloody rivets.

i was hoping to put a regular clockwise rotating fan to push air ---> rad ---> counter rotating fan to pull air.

that would do almost nothing. the counter rotating fans have to be right on top of eachother with nothing in between them

Back