• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does DangerDen sell a decent kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snagglebot

Registered
I know, I know....kits are bad news.
I was looking at the Danger Den site, and it seems like a good deal for their Maze 4 kit though, seen here.
It has a Maze4 CPU Block, and what looks liek a good pump (to me). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'd really like to try a WC setup, but i'd like to keep it under the $200 mark, but only if it can be considered a "worthy" upgrade from my stock Opty HSF.
I'm currently running my 165 at [email protected], and like to try and go for 2800. My temps are good now, but i'm afraid of going up past 1.5v on air.

Thanks for any input/suggestions.

I just recently put a wc system together using some DD components and they appear to be rock solid so far. So if their kits are made up of the same stuff then yes they should be pretty decent. :cool:

You don't save much by getting the kit, if you pick the block + pump combo for 108$ its a better deal.
The kit also comes with the single rad and the price of the BIP2 is so low its worth getting.

You wont regret DD, they have good stuff.

You dont have to buy a kit putting a setup together yourself is pretty simple. Plenty of DD resellers too. That said, I would go with a kit for my first setup if I had it all to do over again.

from all I have read on the forums DD is a great company with Swiftech coming in a close second, Once I get caught up on my bills from building my computer and car repairs I will start ordering Parts for my Watercooling setup which most of it will be coming from DD mainly because I cant seem to find the stuff cheaper elsewhere.

the kits that DD has on the website are sorta outdated, however, the DD combo that Flip-mode mentioned is the probably the best deal on the site. The TDX is a much better block than the old maze 4 and the D5 pump is awesome.

The only gripe i heard about DD is that they tend to make some mistakes in shipping from time to time, however, their customer service is awesome and will take care of the issue immediately. You cant go wrong with DD parts, and they are widely available also, so if you are looking to do a complete build, check out some online retailers, it might save you on shipping (ie as5, fans, cables....blah blah blah).

Back