• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans for my future watercooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

synthetic_fenix

Risen From the Ashes
I plan to start purchasing my watercooling setup next month and the only thing I dont really have picked out yet is the fans for the BIX2, I was wondering if the AOC 120MM aluminum LED fans would work, they can be seen at this link http://www.frozencpu.com/fan-158.html?id=b7Y9yBuf I know it says they are evercool but they say AOC on the side. I am wondering about these because I currently own two of them on my current setup. If these are a no go then I will probably just go with a pair of Sanyo Denkies.

many people recommend the sanyo denkis , i heard these are the best in terms of airflow, pressure, and noise. I never tried the delta but the the sanyos at 7v are pretty quiet and maintain good pressure and cfm ratings to move air through a restrictive radiator such as a BIX.

Thanks, I wouldnt mind getting some of those Deltas, but they are hard to get a hold of

I have then on my BIX2 and they are working great for me. In the pic you can see I'm using 4 AOC fans. Two of which I removed the fan to use as a shroud.

PICT0484a.jpg

HTH :)

D-mann said:
I have then on my BIX2 and they are working great for me. In the pic you can see I'm using 4 AOC fans. Two of which I removed the fan to use as a shroud.

PICT0484a.jpg

HTH :)

Thanks, What I think im going to do is, I'm upgrading my case from my tsunami i have no to a Gigabyte Aurora and it has dual 120mm exaust fans. I am going to put my current AOC fans in the back of that case, Mount the BIX2 to the outside the the barbs facing back and put two more AOC fans to help pull the air thru. Im thinking i May need a spacer or something between the BIX2 and the chassis of teh case.

Thats a little too much of a gap for what I have in mind. What im going to do, if you goto this link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Showi...luminum+ATX+Full+Tower+Computer+Case+-+Retail

I plan on cutting out the fan holes to make it less restrictive and mount my Evercool/AOC fans on the inside of the case where they would be stock. then IM going to mount the BIX2 directly to the chassis infront of the exaust holes and possibly if needed, I will put two more of the AOC fans on the otherside of teh BIX2 to help pull air thru it.

Thats a great case and it was designed for doing just that. Make sure to post some pics when you are all done.:)

Oh I plan to, I have another thread started here in the watercooling section from last month when I was asking for recommendations for the setup I'm looking at. At the time I was going to install it all in my Tsunami but then I got to looking and I don't think I can make it all fit and look good, So a friend of mine is buying my Tsunami and I will be buying the Aurora and start buying my watercooling setup. I will probably start posting pics in that other thread as I start getting parts in.

Back