• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help overclocking ram!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cowanrg

hey everyone. i need some help. right now i have some generic PC133. (256mb). i currently have my FSB set to 142 but would like a little more out of it :D

here is the deal... all my components are USB or onboard. so, i have NO PCI cards in my system, so i have few problems with a card not allowing me to get the FSB up there. so, it must be my ram that is holding me back. (chip temps are fine...)

so my question, should i get some new ram? and if so, what kind should i get? should i get PC150 off pricewatch, or should i goto crucial and get some PC133? i will have my watercooling setup in about a week (3 days really), and my chip temp is no issue. if my FSB could get up to 150's, i would be VERY VERY happy.

and i am kinda new to this, about the whole CL2, CL3, and 7.5ns, and 8.0ns stuff... ( i know its nanoseconds, but what would be best for pushing to limits?) thanks guys!

Even though your cards are on board, overclocking the FSB will overclock your system buses. AGP bus will be running above spec along with other onboard devices. So the RAM is not the ONLY determening factor.
As for RAM settings 7.5ns is faster than 8.0ns and CAS#2 is faster than CAS#3. This link will tell you eveything you need to know about BIOS and more http://www.lostcircuits.com/advice/bios2/1.shtml

13oots2 said:
Even though your cards are on board, overclocking the FSB will overclock your system buses. AGP bus will be running above spec along with other onboard devices. So the RAM is not the ONLY determening factor.
As for RAM settings 7.5ns is faster than 8.0ns and CAS#2 is faster than CAS#3. This link will tell you eveything you need to know about BIOS and more http://www.lostcircuits.com/advice/bios2/1.shtml
A lot of info there;)

Back