• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need suggestions from you pros

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilsoljha3

Registered
i am planning on gettin a WC system when I build my computer in about a week. For graphic card im getting 7800 gtx 256mb and the opteron 165 socket 939. This is the reason i am getting WC because of the opteron and I hear they are good at overclocking so i wanted to try WC.

The question is I am looking to spend around $100-$150 for the water cooling system and I was wondering wats a good system for around this price range. I'd like to be able to overclock the opteron to 2.6-2.8 with pretty good temps. Any suggestions on parts and prices for the parts? thanks i really appreciate it

while its possible to get a fairly decient system for that price it will require you to do some work on oyur own.

if you want to WC the card and the cpu and you are concerned with noise i would go with a bim2( or xflow2 non extreme version really) D5 pump ,apogee and maze4 block with some ram sinks ( gpu) then get some quiet fans or some stronger fans and undervolt them or put them on a rheobus

if you want to up your budget change the block out to a swiftech storm and switch out the maze4 with a nv78 for your gpu

in any case ( pun intended) your case encloser is important for not only its internal airflow but your ability to install the stuff inside without modding , with modding and with extreme moding.

personally i think oyu should make your own pvc air trap/ res with hardware store standard pvc fittings instead of buying a clear acrylic res like a lot of people ( personally i think the bayres are tacky )

It's going to be tough to get high quality watercooling components with a low budget like that if you intend to cool both CPU and GPU. You should seriously think about increasing your budget to more like $200 or just cool the CPU. For low budget watercooling, you'll probably need to use a T-line instead of reservoir and probably mod a car heater core to use as a radiator.

This isn't related to wc but if you haven't bought your comp parts yet, I suggest you pass on the 7800 and get a 7900 instead.

Back