• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BlackChrome W/C Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D-mann

Registered
New to the forum and it looks like their are a lot of great guys, gals and rigs here. So I guess I'll post some pics of mine.

The Rig
7f26d47a.jpg
73484391.jpg
4dbf6489.jpg

The Rig Naked
PICT0082aza.jpg
PICT0079aza.jpg
PICT0086aza.jpg
44deeb5a.jpg
PICT0069aza.jpg
t23a.jpg
PICT0943a.jpg

Specs:
MSI K8N NEO4 Platinum (Updating to a DFI Lanparty UT RDX200 CF-DR CrossFire)
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 939 (Updating to a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Dual-Core)
Crucial Ballistic Tracer, PC4000 2GB DDR500 (Updating to 4GB Corsair 3500LLPRO, 4pcs 1GB)
ATI Radeon X850XT PLATINUM EDITION (Updating to a ATI Radeon X1900 XTX 512MB)
Creative Labs X-Fi Sound Card
Seagate Barracuda 160 GB7200.9 RPM SATA3G
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA3G
Plextor PX-716AL Slot-Loading Drive
Sunbeam 4 Channel Rheobus
PCPower&Cooling TurboCool 510 PCI-E PSU (Modded)
SilverStone Black Temjin SST-TJ03 Aluminum Case
Windows XP Pro/XP Pro X64 Dual Boot
Cooling:
Danger Den TDX A64 Copper 1/2" ID Water Block
Danger Den Maze4 Chrome Water Block
Danger Den Black Ice Xtreme II Dual 120mm Chrome Radiator
Laing D4 12v DC Pump, PolarFLO Machines Chrome Pump Housing
PrimoFlex 1/2" ID PVC Clear Tubing
4x Evercool 120mm 4 Blue LED Aluminum Fan
2x Evercool 80mm Aluminum Fan
Danger Den 1/2" Chrome Fillport
2x NorthWater Xtreme Water 6" Chrome Xchanger

Other good stuff:
Samsung SyncMaster 191T+ 19” LCD x2 Dual Screen Setup
ERGOTRON Dual Monitor Stand
Logitech Cordless MX1000 Laser mouse
Logitech Cordless MX Duo Keyboard

Hope you guys like it. Comments welcome.

this rig is purely for looks right?

i cant think of another reason why you would buy big aluminum contraptions. also you do realize your fans stacked on top of eachother like that will have no benifit ? for them to benifit right on top of eachother like that they need to have 1 of them be reversed rotation and the fan blade inverted

Thats a pretty nice looking rig you got there. Curious about whether those xchangers are productive though. There was a thread crap about them a while back but it would be curious to see some real world numbers on them. They sure do look snazzy.

Yeah for looks :rolleyes: I spent all that cash just to look at it. Thanks thorilan. The fan between the rad and the other fan has been gutted it was used as a shroud. I know that stacking fans back to back won't work. :p
PICT0264a.jpg

Those Xchangers did drop the temps only 2-3 degrees not a whole lot. TY :)

those are some hot fan spacers! really great looking case. only silly part is the monster fan coming out of power supply :D. I'm sure the power supply likes it, though.

Unfortunately these PCP&C power supplies are notorious for having loud single fan setups. I had to use a fan that would compensate and still run pretty quiet so I used that 120mm and it did the job for me. I see that you have one too so you know what I'm talking about.

Thanks guys;)

really nice look setup, looks like more and more people are gutting these aluminum fans for fan shrouds...is there any benefit (besides looks) for uisng the aluminum fans as shrouds rather than regular cheapo fans?

Looks sharp,Can I ask how many different metels are used in the loop and what you are using to prevent issues with them ?

D-mann said:
Unfortunately these PCP&C power supplies are notorious for having loud single fan setups. I had to use a fan that would compensate and still run pretty quiet so I used that 120mm and it did the job for me. I see that you have one too so you know what I'm talking about.

Thanks guys;)

what did you use to attach the fan on the back?

Looks like you scored a deal on those aluminim fans and went nutz with them...Pretty sweet...I dont care how you use them.... :cool: :attn:

sweet dude!, may I suggest though, if you are upgrading to an x2 4400+, that you consider a opteron 170? It has a better memory controller, and it is better for overclocking.

FYI selling outside the classifieds will get you banned, do it again and that is exactly what will happen :bang head

nikhsub1
Forums Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice rig man. Job well done. :clap:
The xchangers. Where did you get those or did you make them? They look sweet in your case. And btw, welcome to the forums. Good to see another wcer on here.

ahh in that case using the gutted fans is:attn:
Thanks thorilan;)

@diehrd, I would have to say mostly copper and the Xchangers are CNC Machined Billet Aluminum.

what did you use to attach the fan on the back?
Well I used a combination of adapters and was done in this order;

Evercool 120mm 4 LED Aluminum Fan
80mm to 120mm Aluminum Fan Adapter
Clear 92mm To 80mm Acrylic Fan Adapter
80mm to 92mm Aluminum Fan Adapter

Here is a more detailed pic of the assembly. Remember to use screws that will extend all the way through to the PSU panel. Those screws will then secure the fan assembly to the PSU housing.
Fanadaptor.jpg

I also want to mention, with the two aluminum adapter that their was a small gap. (see FIG.A) In ordered to fix that I had to add another adapter. (see FIG.B) It was a good thing to because it also allowed better clearance for the power cord.
FANILL3a.jpg

Here is a nice shot all put together.
PICT0401azz.jpg

Disclaimer: OC Forum.com or I will not be reasonable for any damage or injury to you, your house, the lady next door and even you dog by doing this mod, so please be careful. If you have any questions just let me know.

FYI, I accidently won 2 opteron 170s off of ebay, and I was going to sell the other to a friend of mine...but he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.... sooo, if you are interested, feel free to PM me.
How did you accidently won 2 opteron 170s? You sure you wouldn't want to donate it to a worthy cause (like ME);)

@Oper8or, I got them at frozencpu.com but it look like they don't carry those any more but you can get them HERE at www.xoxide.com

Thanks again evryone for all your support and relies.:)

Back