• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will this tubing fit 1/2" setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Primu$

Will this tubing size fit on my 1/2" watercooler setup?
Pics of tubing below

Attachments

• tygon%20tubing%20003.jpg
    tygon%20tubing%20003.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 56
Not even close, your setup is 12mm and this tubing is 6mm.... do the math.
When talking about tubing there are three measurements.
ID - meaning the Inner Diameter of the tubing, in this case 1/4 of an inch or 6mm.
OD - Outer diameter, in this case 3/8 of an inch or 10mm.
Wall thickness, this is the difference between the OD an the ID and in this case it should be 3.1 and not 1.6 as they stated, I guess something got lost in translation.

No, they got it right. You're just tired. :)
Wall thickness = (OD-ID)/2

Otter said:
No, they got it right. You're just tired. :)
Wall thickness = (OD-ID)/2
Why /2??
I just measures my tubing which states it 4mm wall and it measures 2 so its like you said but I don't get it why...
Oh well, had a test this morning and this is my first day on Retline so I'm not thinking straight.

Because when you measure the outside diameter, you go past the wall twice.

I understand it looks like this:
tube19bj.jpg

I can't understand why....

Because it's round?

OD=WT+ID+WT. Look at it again once your brain recovers and you'll see it right away.

And hey, if you drive anywhere, be damned careful. You really aren't thinking straight. Kinda reminds me of the time I got CO poisoning.

Radius!!!!
Why didn't anyone say it before!
Dude, this is weird..... I actually had to call up my GF and ask her to explain it to me and I was staring into the tubing like I was high and soon as she said Radius it clicked...

LOL. I knew you'd get it. Now go get some sleep or take your brain out and soak it in a bucket of brain restorer.

Flip-Mode said:
Actually I need to do some math.......
Yeah I can imagine how that will go.... :bang head
LOL. Forget it dude. Sleep first. Otherwise you're going to spend three hours pondering 2+2=6. You'll save a lot of time if you rest now and tackle the math with a clearer head.

Otter said:
LOL. Forget it dude. Sleep first. Otherwise you're going to spend three hours pondering 2+2=6. You'll save a lot of time if you rest now and tackle the math with a clearer head.
Well the day was a total waste, I need to sit with someone and go trough some of the material because I don't remember half of it and the final is next Friday :eh?:

We're having a study session at 3pm in the study tower if you're down. Oh yeah, and 2+2 does equal 6 when 2 is infinitely heading towards 3... duuh. :)

Back