• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDC-R2 - revision gives 50% more flow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not if D-Tek's picture is accurate. The mod removes the elbow at the inlet, hence the inlet is at 90 degrees to the outlet and the pump is taller.

Otter said:
Not if D-Tek's picture is accurate. The mod removes the elbow at the inlet, hence the inlet is at 90 degrees to the outlet and the pump is taller.
Umm.......ok, I suspected it was the elbow removing mod but wasn't willing to commit.
Good question then.

My guess is they changed the impeller.
If that 50% increase in flowrate is across the whole P-Q curve, that's one awesome pump. And presumably the mod would make it even better. Sounds too good to be true, though.

Ah. DD is apparently selling this as the "DDC Plus" (though i can't find it on their site). 18W instead of 10W.

Swiftech said that they will also release the new DDCv2 pump soon. They said it is more powerful than MCP350 (The old version DDC) but also a lot noisier!

So MCP350/Delphi DC is still the quietest pump on the market.

It makes sense that if it uses almost twice as much power it would make more noise. But you could always undervolt it. Do you have a link to Swiftech's statements?

And btw, :welcome: to the forum, Paapaa.

Otter said:
Do you have a link to Swiftech's statements?
No, it was a personal email. I actually asked about if there is a new version of DDC because I saw this. They said that a more powerful and also noisier pump is released soon by them. Then I asked about the two versions of the quiet pump (having the same specs) mentioned here:

http://www.cooling-masters.com/articles-33-1.html

The newer version of the quiet pump has a more reliable method of starting the pump - basically it just uses more power at the startup. There apparently were some cases where the pump wouldn't start. They said this issue has been fixed last year and Swiftech is most likely now using the revised version.

Otter said:
And btw, :welcome: to the forum, Paapaa.
Thanks! Already feels like home :beer:

D-tek is claiming <30db for both the 10W and 18W pumps, but they probalby just recycled the page for the old DDC and failed to update the specs. Did Swiftech give you any specifics about how much louder the 18W pump is?

Otter said:
D-tek is claiming <30db for both the 10W and 18W pumps, but they probalby just recycled the page for the old DDC and failed to update the specs. Did Swiftech give you any specifics about how much louder the 18W pump is?

No, nothing specific and no figures. They just wrote: "It is more powerful, but also much noisier." (...than MCP350)

"Much noisier" -- that's refreshing contrast to the marketspeak we usually have to wade through. Thanks for sharing your information.

thorilan said:
for much noisier you might as well get a 655 for same price
With a modified inlet, the new DDC might outperform the D5/655 in restrictive loops, but basically I agree. If the noise levels are equivalent, there isn't much reason not to get the larger pump, except of course that it is quite a bit larger.

Back