• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My water cooled system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bullmastiff

Registered
My first ASUS water cooled system

My Computer's spec's
Water Cooling parts 3/8 ID 1/2 OD
Aqua Computer Aquagrati X850 VGA
Swiftech MCW30 SLI Chipset Water Block
Danger Den RBX CPU Block
Innovatek Konvekt-O-Matic MAXI Passive Radiator
Innovatek Konvektor MAXI Booster Kit
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO High-Flow Reservoir
Swiftech MCP655 12v Water Pump 317 GPH
Tygon R-3603 Tubing
Zalman Flow Indicator
Case ---
ANTEC PlusView 1000 AMG
ANTEC NeoHE 550 Watt ATX Power Supply
CPU
Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.46 Gallatin 1066MHz FSB
Internal Clock 3802 MHz Temp Idle @34 C
GPU ---
ASUS Extreme AX850XT PE/2DHTV Video Card Idle @34 C
VGA Memory Clock 621 MHz
VGA Core Clock 574 MHz
Motherboard
ASUS P5AD2-E-Premium Motherboard Intel 925X/XE Chip Set LGA 775
Ram ---
CORSAIR XMS PRO (4 x 512MB) DDR2 pc 5400
Hardrives ---
2X0Raid Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM 8MB Serial ATA150
1 Maxtor 250 GB external
1 Maxtor 80 GB external
Sound ---
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card
Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker
ROMs ---
1 LiTE-ON Combo LTC-48161H
1 PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-105
Display ---
Sharp Widescreen 32" HDTV AQUOS
Fans & Lights ---
1 LOGISYS 120mm Sleeve Blue LED Light UV CCFL Dual Ring Fan
3 Aerocool UV 80MM Case Fan
2X4in UV cathodes
2X12in UV cathodes
More pics @ http://photobucket.com/albums/i211/Bullmastiff135/?

Attachments

• IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Series VS Parallel

Well I went to http://www.wc101.com/articles/vs/ and read their review on water cooling.I did the block test and found that the GPU bolck really has restricted flow, the CPU and NB are high flow so that's how come I ran the water system in a parallel loop. It might be wrong I dont know I just ran the test and came to the conclusion that it needed to be ran that way.

Last edited:
Bullmastiff said:
Well I went to http://www.wc101.com/articles/vs/ and read their review on water cooling.I did the block test and found that the GPU bolck really has restricted flow, the CPU and NB are high flow so that's how come I ran the water system in a parallel loop. It might be wrong I dont know I just ran the test and came to the conclusion that it needed to be ran that way.

Oh I see what you're going for. One more thing though, on the cpu block looks like you have water going in the outer barbs and out the middle one. Shouldn't it be the in through the middle and out the other two.

Thanks Guy's

I have a flow indicator outside the case the orange bobber inside slaps the inside of the flow meter (noisy) now running the pump on #2 setting was on 5.When I first started building this system a year ago I had a asetek l-30 pump, with the asetek LGA 775 water block. I tried the old pump with the loop that I have currently and it moved the water quite good but not as good as the swiftech pump. The Asetek block instruction's that I had, said that the two outside ports were for in, using the Y connector and the center port was for out.All 3 ports come with a Y connetor. The Temps are good cpu and gpu 34 C at idle load around 40 C :)

Last edited:
Danger Den RBX CPU Block

Well I just went to danger den's website and looked in the FAQ'S and found the two outside ports are for out YOUR RIGHT I guess that the old style block that I was using was wrong two (ASETEK) Maybe I looked at the directions wrong. When I got the danger den block from frozen cpu I didnt get any installation directions with it. Well it still runs cool, might even be cooler if I changed it , I dont know! Any advise would help Thanks

Thanks for the INFO

If I get time I will change it tomorrow and mabey it will run cooler

for a normal 2 barb block does it really make that much of a difference if the inlet is going to the centre or not?

what would be the effects of having the inlet at the side in real life terms (p.s. K.I.S.S. for me please)

Stratus_ss said:
for a normal 2 barb block does it really make that much of a difference if the inlet is going to the centre or not?

what would be the effects of having the inlet at the side in real life terms
Yes it does matter, maybe not much though. The idea is to have the fresh water contacting the block right above the die, and then flushing to the side as quickly as possible. You always want to use the center barb on a cpu waterblock as the inlet, thats just the way it was designed.

The effects aren't likely to be greatly different, having a cpu block hooked up improperly and then comparing the results with it hooked up properly is probably on the order of a few degrees. I'd say lowest case 1 degree difference, biggest maybe 5-8 difference (but at that point I would consider something else effecting temps too).

Just some thoughts.

thanks,
I will consider it. Its just that it has been bleeding for a couple of days now with the block mounted. For my big hands it too a lot of work to screw those things on so I would prefer not to have to take them off. I didnt realize I had done the inlet on the side.
I guess by tuesday I will see what kinda temps I get

/threadjack

Back