• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den RBX, temps to high.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Epox4life

Alright so I just put this whole micro pc watercooling setup together and now I see that theres 2 capacitors stopping the waterblock from making "full" contact.
I boot the system up check the BIOS temps they start at 40C and rise fast 60C+ I managed to boot into windows then a couple mins later it shutsdown. Im nearly postive its the waterblock causing the problem. Should I just get a new waterblock? To take the board out would require a LOT of work.
When I installed the waterblock I checked for contact by taking it off and looking at how the ceramique made contact.
P3250033.JPG

What should I do?

Last edited:
For starters your lines are kinked which is killing flow, plus you may have air in the lines or your pump isnt plugged in. Did you even bother to leaktest?

I fixed the kinks with zip ties, I took off the cpu block and that the problem was bad cpu block contact. Im taking apart the system and putting the old celeron D back in the mini case. Buying a new case for this project.

RBX's are a pain to get mounted correctly. They are "thin" and tend to tilt to one side or the other, but they do work good when correctly mounted. Can you just bend the caps out of the way?

No, cause they are the kind that are mounted directly to the board, no wires to bend.

Back