• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This OR That

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What do you mean gamble? Im just looking for performance and the thermaltake has much more rad space so I thought it might do well. And I had looked at that apex kit but its friggen huge....Im planning on just laying the 120 X2 rad from the thermaltake(if I get it) on top of my case because I can ONLY fit a 120 On the back

The thermaltake kits are much lower quality than the swiftech ones. The thermaltake pump might have a higher gph rating, but that doesn't mean its a stronger pump. I doubt it has as much head pressure as the D5. I have heard of several people in these forums who claim their bigwater 'fell apart' after a given amount of time (poor construction issues). Most of the people here will tell you to stay away from kits (for the reasons stated a moment ago and many others). The bigwater is a prime example of why kits stink. The swiftech kit doesnt even really fit into a kit category, because it features many of the componenets we would use anyway.

The bigwater will work, but not as good as the swiftech, period.

Alright, so what your saying is that the Swifttechs 1 120 Mm Radiator will cool better than the thermaltakes 3 120 MM rads? I understand what you are saying, and I definatly dont want a crappy kit, but I also want good performance. I knew about the radbox but I doubt I could connect my vid card and other cables with that huge 240 Mm rad sticking down the back, so it would have to be the swiftech 120 not the APEX

Watercooling kits have generally not been Thermaltake's forte. As for Swiftech on the other hand, they have proven to produce high-performance kits. The two kits that you have listed are low end kits, especially the Thermaltake one. I would not purchase either of those kits for the simple reason that you won't get any large performance gain with them. However, the Apex kit would provide you with acceptional cooling; it is one of the best kits money can buy, besides a 'Do-It-Yourself' kit.

-GearShift3r

that big water sucks the fins on the rad are stacked its aluminum the pump rating means absolutely nothing if you dont have a proven PQ chart, the block design isnt very good
the tubing is to small . i could keep going

right....well thanks for the help ill probably end up getting the H20 120 oevr the apex because the apex wont fit

If you want a kit, stay away from Thermaltake. The main reasons to buy a kit are convenience and having an expert choose parts that will work well together. But thermaltake is notorious for putting out some of the worst-designed watercooling products imaginable. Hence, you'll loose both the convenience and expert factors and likely wind up redoing the whole thing yourself. Either make your own DIY kit or go with Swiftech.

Another vote for swiftech, but building your own would be the best idea, for cost and performance.

Alright I see your points, just asking which one was better thats all. DIY sounds too complicated, rather just get a pre built kit, I figure the Swiftech kit will perform well anyways

The swiftech kit requires assembly. It just has *everything* you need in one package to watercool. Figured I'd point that out so you dont go into this thinking it doesnt need to be put together.

Yeah, Its not that I dont like putting stuff together...I just want a kit to reduce the chance of not having the right/fitting parts

Make your own... IF you knew anything about watercooling you wouldn't buy a KIT. But if your going to, buy a Swiftech kit. ThermalCrap, i mean take is horrible. When i was a nub I baught a Bigwater i realized how bad it was, crappy flowrate, 1/4" tubing, ****ty radiatior. Everything about thermaltake is bad. Koolance is also another bad one. If you dont understand why Swiftech > thermaltake, I suggest you do some more homework and research. Oh, and im not being a prick, tough love brotha :)

Back