• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Side panel window reservoir

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that would be cool, especially when you put the fake fishies in there. they will be moving around...but have to find a way so the fish wont go into the pump...

My main question is how thick is that acrylic? I wouldn't trust anything less than 1/4" but a side panel res would be a great mod!

Distilled water would probably be bad for the fish too. I expect it would leach minerals out of their bodies just like it does people who drink only distilled water. Also once you oxygenated the distilled water to support fish, you'd probably have more problems with corrosion. If you want real fish in your system, give them a dedicated tank instead of putting them in the res.

Obviously. I've liked the idea of fish in the computer ever since they first came out with those fish screensavers, though.

~self prepares to be flogged for awakening an old thread, but...

I was surfing (favorite low-impact exorcise) and came across this reservoir.

Does everyone else think the extra hose needed to incorporate a window/res conveniently (read: detach door and get it out of the way) would out weigh teh bling?

fish poop would clog up the inpingement jets on the storm block!

would be a cool mod though. but it would have to be a strong res because i would be paranoid as hell it would leak and destroy my system.

If you want fish.. run a evap cooler off a tank and get a powerfull UV filter, maybe a micron filter as well ;)
The window res. idea sounds cool though :D

As far as with the side window res, I would use some quick connects on the side of the tank so you could remove the side panel without the need to drain the tank each time. They may restrict the flow but it would be the easiest way to do it. I was thinking on getting this case as well and doing the mod myself.

Back