• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally Finished. My Water setup in my DIY Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZNBoiOnFIYA

I finally finished my case build after 2 weeks. Just finished installing all my components yesterday and I still have some troubleshooting and adjusting to do but for now I'll just keep it as it is until I have more time to work on it. Total cost: $40 and 2 weeks of work. Here are some pics and a list of things I havent finished yet.

104_0415.jpg

104_0425.jpg

104_0424.jpg

104_0418.jpg

104_0419.jpg

104_0416.jpg

Things I havent finished:

1. Making slot locks on the back. If youve noticed my cards are just hanging off the mobo :D

2. Securing the motherboard more

3. Hooking up sound. Think I'll just get a pci sound card since i cant find any extra speaker cables lying around.

4. Extending my psu wires. Either I'll get extensions or a new psu.

5. Find a place to stick my power switches and leds

6. Making a side panel. I ran out of aluminum so I'll have to find some more sheets.

7. Securing pump.

8. Sandblasting.

Now for my temps. I dont really know how my gpu is doing since it doesnt have a temp sensor but before I was running a zalman vf700al-cu on it and my max core on that was ~441mhz. Afterwards i tested and it was at 459mhz and probably still able to go higher since I didnt have the patience to wait for ati tool to finish. My cpu actually lowered in temp. Before with just 2x120mm fans on the rad and no gpu in the loop idle was 35 and load was 41. Right now with the extra heat from gpu and extra 3x80mm fans pushing and 2x120mm fans pulling on the rad my temps are....31 IDLE and 35 LOAD. I dont know if the extra fans on the rad helped but I think it was mostly a bad mounting my first time. Anyways, my specs are in my sig. Feel free to offer any constructive criticism and comments. Thanks.

104_0417.jpg

104_0420.jpg

104_0421.jpg

104_0422.jpg

104_0423.jpg

Btw, the yellow electrical tape on the aluminum is to keep me from slicing my fingers open. I went to home depot to look for a less ghetto way to protect the sharp edges but they didnt have anything.

ive already sanded it with sandpaper but im still not satisfied with the edges. besides, i wouldnt want to risk slicing my finger open. ill order the stuff MoreGooder mentioned the next time i order from mcmaster.

im not really sure of the guage since its just some old stuff i had lying around but its pretty thin. i had to reinforce some areas with thicker pieces.

Back