• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first setup!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD64bit

Registered
hi all i just ordered this setup http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106040 i was wondering is it any good and also how should i run the "loop" (assuming its the order the water flows?) and can i have a "sealed" case with only exhause fans? how should i set this up? also i am going to be going to w/c graphics soon so whats a good one to get for my video card i have a nvidia geforce fx5500, oh also i have a AMD 64 3200+ and i just bought this mobo http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=G452-2204 what else can i w/c on this mobo? thanks alot guys

AMD64bit said:
hi all i just ordered this setup http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106040 i was wondering is it any good and also how should i run the "loop" (assuming its the order the water flows?) and can i have a "sealed" case with only exhause fans? how should i set this up? also i am going to be going to w/c graphics soon so whats a good one to get for my video card i have a nvidia geforce fx5500, oh also i have a AMD 64 3200+ and i just bought this mobo http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=G452-2204 what else can i w/c on this mobo? thanks alot guys
Umm......dude can you cancel you order? This is really bad for the price, the performance you are going to get is equal to 30$ air cooler....

Sorry to hear that. What you can do is call them and ask to see if you can still return it. Its worth a shot. Let us know what happens and we can work from there.

ok i can return it but itsa 15% restocking fee and i have to pay for shipping so is there anything i can do to make this work like take it apart and put it all in my case or something ill do something but im not paying all that ****in money just to return something to me it wouldnt even really be woth it

Ok, here is an idea. The pump that is used inside that case is the same pump that comes in this kit. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106063
You can lap the cpu block.
The pump may be able to be moded to a point. Maybe?

I have the kit that I posted above. Like you I made the mistake of buying an off the shelf kit. They do ok for mildly oc.. if that. But for hard ocing they wont work. If your not overclocking then dont worry about it. It will work fine for you. Just make sure not to tighten the nuts to hard, but dont leave them to loose. There is a fine line with these fittings. The one I have runs fine. Keeps my system at 37c at idle and 43c at load. I want better though. I'm barely overclocking my system. I plan on building my own wc setup. So this one will go in my other comp. If you can give us some info on what your intensions are for your system.
Only other thing is. If you plan on putting a gpu cooler on your vid card. This setup wont work. Youll need a new rad for one. The rad that is inside that thing wont handle all that heat. You would have to add another rad into the set up. Maybe you could add http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Liquid/Upgrade/cl-w0002/cl-w0002.asp
to your wc system and make it work. I dont know. I'm just putting down some ideas for you. It's worth a shot. Like you said. I dont want to see you waste the money either. But you may want to look at this as your first opps in wcing like I did. I mean I am using mine. But I am buying parts to build a completely different wc setup. So its not like its going to waste.

oh and also right now my temps are like 42c at an idle and im only on IE so this water cooling set will help me computer right i just want an idle at like 32 or so....oh and no i wont be ocing but i might just oc to like 10% so i will have a 2.41 this will be ok right? **** sell me your old stuff that you dont use like if you have a RAD you dont need or something? thx for the help dude

Last edited:
AMD64bit said:
oh and also right now my temps are like 42c at an idle and im only on IE so this water cooling set will help me computer right i just want an idle at like 32 or so....oh and no i wont be ocing but i might just oc to like 10% so i will have a 2.41 this will be ok right? **** sell me your old stuff that you dont use like if you have a RAD you dont need or something? thx for the help dude
Its no problem man. I would send my old stuff to you but I'm going to use it in my old comp. Just for giggles. I've got 4 monster fans in there and it needs to be shhhh'd down.
You could try the ocing. But I'm not sure how well itll do. Only way to find out is to do it a little at a time and see. Trial and error kinda thing. But like I said. If you plan on doing that buy another rad to put in the loop with a fan. Like the one I posted. Just to make sure it can handle a little more.

AMD64bit said:
Please dont take this the wrong way but you have a looooong way to go. You cant just use "any" rad. Its threadings and fittings have to match yours (which they wont).

To be frankly honest you should have used the money to buy a better videocard since the fx5500 is about as weak as it gets.

Your peformance on that new water cooler will not be what you want, it might be maybe 10C better than your stock cooling (which can be accomplished by most air coolers)

Real watercooling costs in the neighberhood of $250-350 for a good setup.

EDIT: No way in hell your memory controller will be able to handle any overclock when using 3GB of RAM

Do some more research and homework, investigate watercooling. youll be able to anwser your own questions.

I would try to return the kit. Some kits such as the swiftech ones are pretty good, but the watercooling kits made by most other companies are not. I would do a lot of searching for the different set-ups people use. I would also check out all the stickies. Watercooling is definitely something you need to do research into if you want results.

AMD64bit said:
hey guys i returned the water coolin i just refused the package n got my money back but i think ima save the money cause i have to get a new car... i have a 95 trans am 5.7 v8 for sale!!! lol.. but no seriously it is for sale im in Delaware
That must KILL in gas :eh?:

AMD64bit said:
hey guys i returned the water coolin i just refused the package n got my money back but i think ima save the money cause i have to get a new car... i have a 95 trans am 5.7 v8 for sale!!! lol.. but no seriously it is for sale im in Delaware

that sounds so temping, I've got an insane vortec supercharger for chevy 350 and brandnew cylinder heads :cool: gl selling it.

AMD64bit said:
lol yeah i know i wana get a 95 audi A4 :-D but ima try n get some water coolin stuff n ima look at some more posts

:-/ audi..... There ok I guess, yes get some water coolin stuff its neato.

Back