• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need recommend water pump.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

325cic

Hi guys,

my aqua 1300 pump just pass away :) I need a better pump to do the work.
anyone have any recommend pump that I can live with. So far, I just see people with D5 all around. any better one out here with good high head.

anything will help. :p

thanks in advance

well Iwaki 20 serie is one hell of a pump, but not suited to every need. Tell us a bit more about your loop so we can find the best pump that actually suits your need.

Tekko said:
well Iwaki 20 serie is one hell of a pump, but not suited to every need. Tell us a bit more about your loop so we can find the best pump that actually suits your need.

okay.. from Pump ==> CPU ==> GPU ==>Rad ==>Res. running 1/2"

I was thinking more along what parts you gonna use, which block, which rad, which res. it will give us an idea of the resistance present in the loop...

would u prefer 120vac or 12vdc? Also, what kind of noice levels will you be able to handle?

Personally i use an iwaki md-15r

U can get an iwaki md-15r for around $60 new, and even lower for used at ebay. The md-20 series are supposed to be better , but i do nnot rememer what the different suffixes mean. Anything above the 20 series is unneeded. The iwaki pumps tend to run very hot, so you might want to consider haveing a fan blow air on it to cool it down.

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=10825

Swiftech MCP-655, which is a Liang D5. Basically the best pump on the market right now.

-aDaM^ said:
Swiftech MCP-655, which is a Liang D5. Basically the best pump on the market right now.

I have one and I love it, but it would still help to know what blocks you plan on using. For example you are still deciding between the apogee and the storm. The apogee will introduce less resistance into the loop, but the storm will intorduce more resistance in the loop than the apogee.

Alchemy1 said:
I have one and I love it, but it would still help to know what blocks you plan on using. For example you are still deciding between the apogee and the storm. The apogee will introduce less resistance into the loop, but the storm will intorduce more resistance in the loop than the apogee.

Yup if i go storm I doubt ill have other blocks...maby gpu. But if i go apogee ill go chipset and gpu. I think im gonna buy both and see which one really is better.

thorilan said:
that is a very subjective statement and very misleading without a context.

it is a good pump but by no mens the best

I disagree, it small compact, good head, flow. Iwaki's put out too much heat are big ugly, eheim cant compare. so whats misleading?

there is no "best" pump. You can pick a pump based on your needs, but there is no pump that is best at everything. The d5 is a popular pump, but i would take my iwaki over my friends d5 anyday.

Put a fan on the iwaki, that reduced my water temp a lot.

Even with the added heat(without fan), the iwakis outperform most of the other pumps. They are also extremely reliable. The only downside is the noice.

You're assuming that the added heat(without fan) does is not overcomed by the increased flow.

edit: have u even used an iwaki? Also, it isnt very hard to hide your pump. Imo, most pumps are ugly and i try to hide all of mine. I have used a d5, but i ended up selling it to my friend since i liked my iwaki was better.

Last edited:
nachosyumm said:
would u prefer 120vac or 12vdc? Also, what kind of noice levels will you be able to handle?

Personally i use an iwaki md-15r

U can get an iwaki md-15r for around $60 new, and even lower for used at ebay. The md-20 series are supposed to be better , but i do nnot rememer what the different suffixes mean. Anything above the 20 series is unneeded. The iwaki pumps tend to run very hot, so you might want to consider haveing a fan blow air on it to cool it down.

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=10825

$60 new? which store has it for that price :D

$60 new at ebay. Atleast thats how much mine was. I bought two of them from the same seller and he gave me a discount. It came to a total of $110. It was a surplus seller. The pumps were in sealed bags with a couple of slight surface scratches, but the insides showed no sign whatsoever of being used.

All the online stores sell them for 120. Just do an ebay search for iwaki. They usually have a bunch of pumps and more are added regularly.

adam you can dis agree all you want but the fact is your statement is subjective still.

you can not make a factual statement from subjective data other than to say for your needs its the best.

i will take a 19v rd30 over a d5 any day btw

thorilan said:
adam you can dis agree all you want but the fact is your statement is subjective still.

you can not make a factual statement from subjective data other than to say for your needs its the best.

i will take a 19v rd30 over a d5 any day btw

i got an RD-30, im more staisfied with D5. But ya.... sorry Sir thorilan for making a factual statement with subjective data.

Well, aside from the current debate, the D5 is a good, reliable, 12v dc pump with good head pressure/flow. It should tell you something when a lot of people have them. If you have the money and space for an iwaki, it is going to be the performance king, but it is AC, louder, and much larger.

-edit- I stand corrected. the rd30 is a 24v DC pump.

Last edited:
the D5/MCP-655 is by far the overall best pump for a common WC system - i personally run 2 of them in series in my rig

voigts said:
Well, aside from the current debate, the D5 is a good, reliable, 12v dc pump with good head pressure/flow. It should tell you something when a lot of people have them. If you have the money and space for an iwaki, it is going to be the performance king, but it is AC, louder, and much larger.

-edit- I stand corrected. the rd30 is a 24v DC pump.

Ill take my D5 over my rd-30 anyway. The Iwaki is Puke green in color, then the front is ugly white, its not DC, its vibrates alot and is noisy. But thats just my $0.02

-aDaM^ said:
I disagree, it small compact, good head, flow. Iwaki's put out too much heat are big ugly, eheim cant compare. so whats misleading?

D5 and iwaki put out very similar heat.

xcept iwaki is 2x more powerful

ReD.SkY said:
D5 and iwaki put out very similar heat.

xcept iwaki is 2x more powerful

i just bought 2 x 50Z pumps, for cheap

in temperature wise, D5=50Z

the 50Z is less powerfull but has less heat dump.

i got 2 50Z's for $85, so i aint complaining

Back