• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How well would this radiator setup work?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Epox4life

MS-Paint is the best... well you get the idea. *Edited*
WC_setup.gif

Last edited:
From common sense, I would say not very well. You have a fan on either side pushing at each other. Ok, so where does the air go? You need a good FLOW of air through the radiator to achieve maximum cooling efficiency.

Nice setup mine will only be 1, 120mm rad as I am only watercooling the cpu.

striker85 said:
From common sense, I would say not very well. You have a fan on either side pushing at each other. Ok, so where does the air go? You need a good FLOW of air through the radiator to achieve maximum cooling efficiency.

looking at the direction of the arrows[supposing that's the direction of airflow] then he has a push/pull configuration. i'm sure he's cutting a hole in the top of the case or he'll have to have standoffs like in the picture.

that setup should be fine. as long as the fans are blowing in the same direction on either side of the rad. be sure to have shrouds for the rad as it should help quite a bit.

I would recommend going for a double, just in case you upgrade later on to a hotter processor, or decide to put your video card into the loop.

Either way, good luck with your build!

the bip2 isnt that much more than a bip...i'm definitely going with at least a bip2 (maybe bip3 :) )...these guys enlightened me with radiator knowledge

Back